Yesterday, Oct. 5, Cristo Rey Jesuit High School in Upper Fells Point, Maryland, was evacuated because of an unfamiliar smell coming from the third floor.
“It was a smell that they certainly weren’t used to,” said Bill Heiser, the school’s president, who was off-campus at the time. “It appeared to be getting stronger.
— ABC2NEWS (@ABC2NEWS) October 5, 2017
Several had even claimed they were having a hard time breathing. Two students and Three teachers were even transported to the hospital for stomach pains. By this time, the fire department was called and the whole school was ordered to evacuate.
The HAZMAT team arrived and tested the whole campus and found one little thing causing the problem. You are probably thinking, “Oh, it was probably a burned-out light bulb,” or, “It had to have been just a hot glue gun that was left in the wall for too long.”
Not at all.
The source of the so-called “unfamiliar smell” was… get ready for it…..A PLUG-IN PUMPKIN SPICE AIR FRESHENER.
Yes, ladies and gentleman, you better start getting used to this smell because fall has arrived.
A suspicious odor prompted the evacuation of 200+ students at a HS school in Baltimore.
It came from a pumpkin spice air freshener. pic.twitter.com/idbdTKldWv
— Kurt Chirbas (@kchirbas) October 5, 2017